Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Here I Come!

Well, it's official. My little baby has grown up. Today was the first day of kindergarten and he was so excited. He had a grin on his face all morning and kept asking me every 5 minutes if it was time to go. This was a little sign his teacher (Mrs. Paxman) gave him to get him excited for school.



He was all dressed up and ready to go by 7:45 this morning, which left us 1 1/2 hours to wait until school started. This isn't the shirt I would have picked for him to wear the first day, but this shirt has his school name and mascot on it (The Snow Springs Dragons), so he begged and pleaded with me to wear it today. And with his backack, he looks all official. Awfully cute don't you think?















And he didn't want me to forget to take a picture of his new shoes. He's been waiting all summer to wear these!












Two monkeys against the wall - waiting for class to start












Lining up outside his door, getting ready for his teacher to come out














There he goes into his classroom - HAVE FUN ZACH!



And of course we can't forget Hailey, who doesn't want to be left out of anything, especially when we're taking pictures with backpacks















In all, we had a good day. I really only teared up once as I watched him walk into his classroom and it hit me that he really was growing up. Other than that, I did really good, which surprised me. Hailey on the other hand, had a much harder time with it. She wanted to stay with him when we dropped him off and the whole 2 1/2 hours at home, she would tell me every 5 minutes that she wanted Zach home and that it was time to go and get him. We went through this same thing when Zach went to preschool last year and it got easier for her after a few days. We're hoping for the same thing this time around. As much as my kids fight with each other, they really do love the other and could not survive without them. I'm certainly blessed with good children.

6 comments:

Thelissa said...

He looks so cute all dressed and ready! Good job for only tearing up once!

Parker Family said...

Oh goodness, I teared up there too watching him walk in!! What a big kid he is getting! I guess this starts a long journey for you of SCHOOL! Just when mom says she is sooo happy to be done with it after this year, look at us, we are just beginning!! AHH! Oh well, it is cute to watch them grow up! See you tomorrow! We are excited to finally come see Hailey and Zachary!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Too cute how much Hailey loves her brother.

Carrie said...

Cute kids. I hope everything continues to get smoother and smoother as the year progresses!

Kelsie said...

He looks just like a little Jeremiah. :) I hope kindergarten is going well!

Trisha Paddock said...

I remember when he was a baby! Where has the time gone? Your children are absolutely beautiful and Zachary is a little Jeremiah!