Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Decorations

For those of you who don't live near us or who are interested in seeing our Christmas decorations, I thought I'd post them on the blog. The kids had such a fun time helping me decorate this year, I wanted to take some pictures so they could remember. Luckily, we managed to get everything put where they wanted it (with a little guidance from me) without breaking anything. I'm enjoying the fact that as Hailey gets older, I'm able to place more "breakable" things a little lower. Here are some pics of random places in our home with decorations.






And last, but not least, our Christmas tree. We had quite the experience getting this finished (it's a long story), but we're happy to finally have it done.



I think by far, the outside is the favorite, despite all the work we did on the inside. The kids can't wait until it gets dark every night so that we can turn on the outside lights. In fact, we don't make it past about 20 minutes after sunset before the kids are asking if it's time to turn them on. Usually, our blow up Santa gets turned on before the rest, in an effort to keep them happy until it gets dark enough.




This is our new purchase this year. It's a bit hard to see, so if you can't tell, it's Snoopy and his doghouse. We found it on sale and the kids were so excited, we just had to get it for our yard. The kids love it and can't wait to plug it in and get the lights blinking.




And lastly, our blow up Santa who spends more time blown up than not, I think. He's not very big, but the kids love him and are always shaking his hand or giving him hugs when they're outside.



Decorating for Christmas sure has put us in more of a Christmas mood since we don't have any snow down here to help us feel like it's Christmas time. Supposedly, we have a big storm on the way this weekend that should leave us with a bunch of snow on the ground, so that should help too. We are so excited for Christmas and can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away!

2 comments:

Thelissa said...

Very cute! I love your "believe". That was probably my favorite!

Kylie said...

How cute is that? I love your decorations. I'm glad you put them on, it is so fun to see! Also, I love the new Snoopy to put outside. I can't wait until Jedd and I are in a house so we can decorate the outside.