Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hill Air Force Base Museum

This last Wednesday we headed to Ogden for some fun on our family play date. We started out by stopping by Kylie and Jedd's new house - ok, it was just a poured foundation at this point, but it was still exciting to see where their new house will be and to see it actually being built. After that we headed to park down the street for a little picnic lunch and some playing on the playground.

Things got a bit hot, so we decided to head to our main destination - the Hill AFB Museum. The kids just love this place and we love the fact that it's free!

Hailey kept saying, the planes are bigger than me! She was definitely right!


Here's Nana with the kids in front of the "camo" plane - for some reason the kids were on a special look out for the planes painted camoflage.


Our two buds who love to do everything together. They thought this was one of the biggest wheels they had ever seen!


Reach really high and you can touch the propeller!


Once we browsed through the planes outside, we headed inside to see the planes in there. This helicopter was one of the favorite for the kids, so we had to get a picture of most of us in front of it.


Michelle had this double stroller she brought along and the two little ones loved being in it and being pushed by Aunt Kylie. I think she got quite the workout with the two of them in there!


Having worked for Pratt & Whitney for almost 10 years now, I get excited when I see the name around the aircraft industry. It was neat to see it on quite a few of the planes at the museum. I had to take a picture of this plaque and actual engine.


It makes me proud to know that we have so many engines out there flying on military aircraft. All the hard work of employees like me actually get these planes off the ground and flying - how cool is that?



We had a great time and can't wait to go back - the kids never get tired of seeing all the airplanes up close!

4 comments:

Thelissa said...

We love going there!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

I have NEVER been there.. I know Madi would love it. We'll have to make the trip up there soon.

Kylie said...

I know I sure had fun!

Parker Family said...

That was fun! And even more neater knowing that I have a talented sister who designs these engines every day!!