Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reading Time

Now that Zach is getting better and better at reading, I've started suggesting he read to his sister. Especially when I see that they are fighting over having the same book. I haven't seen them both agree to this little suggestion until this morning. They were both fighting over the Five Green Speckled Frogs book and when I suggested Zach read it to Hailey, they both thought that was a fabulous idea! So they settled down next to each other on the couch and Hailey sat with riveted attention as her brother read/sang her the book.


It was so darling to see the two of them reading the book together. For once, it was something that satisfied them both and I didn't have to keep yelling or read myself (which is normally not a bad thing, but I was in the middle of doing the breakfast dishes when the arguments started).


I have to admit that I'm looking forward to this happening a little bit more now that Zach is really coming along with his reading skills. Hopefully they'll both be a little more willing to do it now that they know that they both enjoy it!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is so cute! Having my son read to a younger sibling is something I've been looking forward to lately (even though we don't have another sibling on the way yet).

I remember reading books to my little brother often at bedtime and it was something really special that we shared together... I'm sure Zachary & Hailey will treasure it too!

Kylie said...

Too cute. Love the picture of the two little ones reading. Also how fun to play in the snow! I told them they had to make a snow angel and take a picture. Looks like you read my mind (and I think they both forgot as well!!)

Carrie said...

okay.... lots to say, but first of all!... CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you and number three. Fantastic news. Love the snow pictures. I should send Olivia down to play so she has someone to play in the snow with. Your kids are cute!