While we were there, we took a couple pictures with him:

The kids just love Uncle Taylor.

As you can see, he takes time to play with each of them. Zach thinks he is the neatest thing ever and can't wait until he can be a missionary just like Taylor.

Sometimes you can tell how much someone loves you by what they're willing to do to make you happy. In this case, Hailey was in heaven reading Taylor a story while they were both "dressed up."

Although the kids don't quite understand what it means for Uncle Taylor to be a missionary, they sure are excited to send him letters, pictures, and cookies. Looks like I'll be busy baking the next little while! I'm sure the reality that he will be gone for a long time will set in when they realize he's not at Nana and Papa's house whenever we go up. I'm willing to wait for that as I'm having a hard time dealing with it myself! But no matter how hard it is for us or for Taylor, we know he is where he's supposed to be and we are so proud of him. Jeremiah and I are especially grateful for the good example he is setting for our children. Taylor, the people in Oklahoma are lucky to have you! WE LOVE YOU!
1 comment:
Way cute pictures of Tay. Love him in the hat with Hailey. Too cute!
Post a Comment