Monday, January 4, 2010

First Time Sledding

Thanks to Santa, the kids both got new sleds for Christmas. After shoveling the driveway one day, we made them a little sledding hill that they played on for a while. We realized that we hadn't actually taken them sledding yet, so we threw everything in the car and headed to a famous local sledding spot. Ok, it's just an outdoor ampitheatre, but it makes a perfect sledding hill in the winter.

Here's Hailey getting ready to head down the hill - yes she went all by herself!


And here's Zach getting ready to go down.


Even though they had to carry their sleds up the hill by themselves, they were still all smiles the whole time we were there.


Think they're having any fun???


It was a bit tricky getting those big sleds (well, big in comparison with the kids' size) up that hill, but they both did great and didn't complain one time.


And because I couldn't help but take some video of them while we were there, I thought I'd include a couple for you to see the sledding in action.

Hailey Sledding Video:



Zach Sledding Video:



The kids had a blast, which meant that Jeremiah and I had a blast watching them. Jeremiah even went down a couple of times with Hailey. We have plans to go again soon since the kids absolutely loved it!

2 comments:

Thelissa said...

We've only ever gone once. The kids LOVED it too. What a fun past time that is cheap!

Kylie said...

Looks like they had a blast sledding. That is so fun for them! And I love the barbie house. That is too dang cute! Looks like that will get a lot of use from her in the next little bit! :) And those 2 cinderella barbies are adorable! Who ever bought that for her was clever!