Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Little Dancer

These last few months, Hailey has been going to a 3-4 year old dance class at the local Community Center. And after 4 months of learning to dance and practicing their dance number, they had a dance recital last Thursday for family and friends.

She looked so cute in her little dance outfit.


And of course, we can't forget about the make-up she was wearing. Her teacher told them in one of their classes that they should wear some make-up when they did their performance. So Hailey had been WAITING (not so patiently) since she found out to wear her make-up. A little bit of eye shadow, blush, and lipstick really made her feel wonderful.


I was worried that she'd get nervous up on the stage since it's the first time she's done something like that, but it didn't faze her at all, she got right up there and wasn't afraid at all.


I was amazed at how well she remembered all of the dance steps.


They did their dance to the song "I'm a Big Big Girl." It was the perfect song for their dance and the cute little dancers.


Here she is in 1st position (or 1st pedition as Hailey calls it).


Moving side to side while waving her arms.


Shaking her arms to the sides.


I know I'm biased, but she really was the best and cutest one there. She remembered every step and was right on cue with every new move.


Here are a few video clips to see the best dancer in action:





Afterward the performance, she got flowers from her Dad. She was so excited since it was the first time she had ever gotten flowers. Daisies and a single red rose - one that stood out amongst the others, just like she did that night.


And our little family with our favorite dancer of the whole night.


I thought I had, but I guess I didn't take a picture of everyone that was there to support our little dancer. Thanks to Nana, Papa, Great Nana Bybee, Aunt Kylie (Awa), Uncle Bubby, and Aunt Afton for all coming down to be a part of her special night.

It was such a fun night to see Hailey all excited and happy. She had a permanent grin on her face all night. She did great and we all can't wait until the next performance!

Hailey, we are all so proud of you and want you to know you were the cutest dancer there!

WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Ahh, so cute! Dance recitals are fun!! Madi's is on Saturday..

Kylie said...

Agreed, she was the cutest thing out there! I guess I must be biased too! :) I loved coming down to see her and can't wait for the next one!!

Parker Family said...

How fun! She looked so cute! Sorry we missed it! I am glad you took lots of pictures for us!

Anonymous said...

She did such a good job. Glad you put videos on here. Jocelyn says to tell Hailey she did a good job.

Carrie said...

She is cute. How fun for her. She did great.


Thank you Jerilyn for your nice comment. love ya!