We got her leotard on and some knit shorts - she really looked cute!
As you can tell, she's not the least bit excited!
When the class started, they all sat on carpet squares and stretched out.
She was so cute doing the stretches, she kept looking up at me to see if I was watching her.
Once they finished stretching, they split up into 3 groups and rotated through a few of the different things. Hailey's group started off on the beam. She did a couple of different walks on the beam and fell off fewer times that I thought she would.
Here's a video clip of her walking on the beam:
They also practiced picking up their feet while standing still on the beam - she's like me and has a hard time with balance with being so tall, but she did great.
After the beam, their group moved to some things on the floor. They practiced jumping back and forth over a jump rope, ...
doing sommersalts on the big triange wedge, and rolling over the big cylinder.
I was hoping that they'd make it to the uneven bars, but there wasn't time. I'll try to get pictures of that next class. Rather than doing that last rotation, they decided to spend some time playing with the big parachute instead - something that she absolutely loves!
She had a wonderful time and it's going to be a long week until she gets to go again. Later that day after lunch, I asked her which she liked better: preschool or gymnastics? She thought for quite a while until I told her she could like them both the same, which she said she did (and looked relieved that she didn't have to pick one over the other). I'm so happy that she's having so much fun with both preschool and gymnastics, it's fun to go and watch her have such a fun time!
2 comments:
Too cute! I think the "pajama" shorts actually work the best for her anyway! Oh how we love our Hailey Bailey!
How fun for Hailey!! I wonder if she will like gymnastics better than dance ?? Can't wait to hear all about the class from Hailey Bailey!
Post a Comment