Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hollywood Connection

We found a new and fun place for the kids to play. It's called Hollywood Connection and is in West Valley City. We found some great deals and were able to get all 4 of the older kids in for free. It's a little mini-theme park, but the best part was that it was all inside - so it was perfect for a hot summer day.

The first thing the kids spotted when they came in was the bumper cars - the rode these over and over ...


and over again. Luckily there weren't too many kids there, so they were able to get off the ride and right back on again. Hailey looked so little out there, but she surprised me at how quickly she mastered how to operate the car.


Tate and Libby watched mostly from their strollers - they were so cute! I love how they just are content being by each other, sharing toys, and just staring at the other one!


They had a little mini roller coaster and Zach was the only brave one to jump on the first time. After the others watched, Hailey and Branson eventually braved it and did great. Although, they both were sure to tell us how the last corner was a very "sharp turn!" I got a few pictures of them, but they were all so dark, you couldn't even tell it was them, so I won't bother to post them.


Tate did pretty well the whole time, there was a time when he got a little fussy and I had to hold him - he still continued to cry, so I let him play with the camera string to keep him occupied. We decided to grab a quick self picture while we were there - Tate is a little blurry, but it proves I was there too!


After we rode a few rides (bumper cars, merry-go-round, bumper cars, roller coaster, bumper cars, bumper cars, bumper cars - you get the idea) we decided to try roller skating. Our kids have never been roller skating at an actual rink, so I was interested to see how well they would do.

Zach was up on his fairly quickly and although he fell numerous times, he was all smiles and had a great time!


Hailey took a bit more time, but eventually she had both skates on and skating around on the carpet.


Ash decided skating wasn't for him, so he watched while the others skated. Hailey and Branson stayed on the carpet - which I thought was just right for them. They were so cute together.


But Zach eventually was able to go out on the actual rink. Again, he fell quite a bit, but was still determined to keep at it. By the time we left, he was able to skate along side the wall without too many spills.

I did catch a bit of video of both kids - don't miss one of Zach's falls at the end!



After skating, they rode some more rides (yes, lots of bumper cars) and then we headed to play miniature golf. Zach did great - I'm always amazed at how good his coordination is.


Hailey is more like me and not so coordinated - she would take about 5-6 swings a the golf ball before she actually hit it. And most of the time when she did make contact, she hit it so hard that it flew past the hole we were on and clear across the room! Needless to say, I helped her do most of her beginning swings after a few times of that!


One of the rides the kids avoided at first was the hot air balloon ride. Branson eventually wanted to go on it, so my brave Zach took him. At first they were a little hesitant, but after the ride got going, they had a great time. In fact, they loved it so much, that they went ...


and convinced Ashton and Hailey to join them on the next ride!


After they finished with the hot air balloon rides, they all headed back to the bumper cars and rode those a few more times before we had to go.



It was really a fun day and we all had a really great time. I definitely think we'll be heading back to Hollywood Connection again!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

It was fun for us too...but like you said the best part was that it was inside on a hot day!