Thursday, March 22, 2012

Zach Basketball 2012

January and February tend to be a little long and boring, unless you have someone who plays basketball.  Then those months are full of practices and very exciting games!  We absolutely LOVE watching Zach play basketball - it's so fun to watch him enjoy it so much and do so well at it.  It seems like from year to year he just picks back up where the previous season left off and he just gets better and learns more.

Here's his team finishing up practice before one of the games.


He looks so great with a ball in his hands - he gets that from his Dad.  


An action shot - see him heading in right there for the rebound?


Ready for another rebound.  I swear he had more rebounds that anyone on his team and more than any of his baskets - he really is good at anticipating where the ball is going to come down and he's there 90% of the time to get it.


I know he's 9 and I shouldn't say it, but I just can't help myself - isn't he so CUTE?


Of course we can't forget about the cheerleaders on the sidelines - Tate was so cute.  He would always be yelling - go Zach or go Brother!  It was darling and he loved watching his brother play.


Hailey was a good little cheerleader too!  She was funny this year, her big thing was sitting two or three rows in front of us - funny girl!


I got some pretty good video this season, so thought I'd include a couple of those as well - just to show off what a great player he is (I'm his mom so I can brag a little bit right?).

He's really doing well with defense - there were several times when the player he was guarding just couldn't get the ball because Zach was doing such a terrific job at it.



He's gotten phenomenally better at dribbling as well.  This isn't the best video but the best one I had of him dribbling down the court.  He's been doing great at switching hands and even going around people while dribbling.


And of course I had to include one of him making a basket!  He's gotten better at this as well - he still takes a few from a bit back on the court, but he improved on that during the season and got a lot closer before putting up a shot.


We had a blast watching him play this year and although we're sad the season is over, we're excited for the next time it rolls around.  And we have spring soccer to look forward to in just another little bit, so that will be fun!

No comments: