One of my favorite traditions around Christmas is to go to Temple Square and see the lights. We decided last minute one Saturday to head up that evening to walk around and see everything. We had dinner in Salt Lake and then rode the Trax train into downtown. I'm always amazed at how much work goes into the spectacular lights of the trees on Temple Square. I once heard how many man-hours it takes, and even though I can't remember the exact value, I remember it blew my mind. Good thing I only have to put them up around my house! But the effect is completely amazing.
Here's a picture of the kids in front of one of the trees.
At some point Tate wanted out of the stroller to walk. After about 20 steps and getting surrounded by a crowd full of people, he wanted back in. But in the middle of that, we did stop for another picture in front of the star he was so anxious to see (it's behind the kids at the top of the pyramid of stars in the shape of a tree).
After only about half hour of walking around, the kids were ready to go. I think they were more excited to ride the train than seeing the light - figures. Oh well, at least we can say we went to see the lights, even if it was more of a run-by than anything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment