Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ridin' Around

The weather has been really warm the last little while and it couldn't have come at a better time. The kids have had cabin fever really bad this year and have been aching to get outside to play and ride their new bikes they got for Christmas. It has been fun to watch them ride up and down the street and into our little cul-de-sac.

Hailey got a new princess bike for Christmas, complete with training wheels (which she doesn't exactly love), pink paint, and the little frillies hanging off the handle bars. She loves to ride around and I'm sure it won't be long before we have those training wheels off - she's just sure that she's old enough and can handle her bike without them.


Zach got a new big boy bike for Christmas and absolutely loves it. Even though he rode his old bike without training wheels, he thinks this new one is really spiffy - he loves the green color and assures me that he goes much faster on this one than his old bike.


The two of them also take time to ride their scooter while they're outside too. Even though they've had them since Christmas of 2008, they still love them.


Zach can ride his scooter much faster than I think anyone his age should, but he's amazed me with how much control and reaction quickness he has.


Hailey of course loves her princess scooter. She just can't get enough of pink! I'm grateful for the 3 wheels on her scooter since she tends to pay more attention to what's going on around her then to where she's going sometimes!


Of course their favorite thing about riding their bikes is when their dad is home and comes out to ride his bike with them.


They usually go for a longer ride down the side street (which I don't let them do when they are by themselves) when Dad goes with them. They are definitely quite the trio to see riding down the street!


And of course I couldn't help but post a few videos of the kids riding their bikes. This first one is of Zach riding his bike super fast to show Uncle Taylor:



And here's one of Hailey - this isn't the best video, but you can see that she really is good at riding her little bike!



It's ironic that I'm finally finding time to post these pictures today - they were actually taken last Saturday - of course today it's snowing and it seems like the winter is never going to end! Hopefully today is one of the last snowstorms of the year because we are all anxious to be outside more and riding around on bikes and scooters!

3 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

I am ready for Summer too... I love the snow, but I'm ready for the kids to play outside ALL day and be super tired by 7:30ish and just put them to bed... Wishful thinking I know.. Oh well, have a great night.

Anonymous said...

So cute! What good little bike riders. I am so ready for warm weather, but not hot!

Carrie said...

seeing your SPRING pictures really makes me NOT like this snow even more!!!

Love the bikes and your cute kids on them. :)