Friday, July 23, 2010

Boating and the Beach

The company that Jeremiah works for has a big summer party every year at Yuba Lake down past Nephi. The boss brings his boat complete with tube, water skiis, and a big yellow banana for everyone to ride.

We weren't sure whether we were going to make it this year with a 6 week old, but Jeremiah's boss, Tod, talked us into it and make his air conditioned trailer available for me to feed the baby. So Friday morning, we headed down to Yuba Lake for a fun day. Once we got there, the kids headed off to the water and I had to call them back to get some sunblock on. After that, they played for a few minutes on the beach until the boat was launched and pulled up to the beach. Our daring kids decided they wanted to ride the yellow banana with Tod's kids (both of which were really close in age to our kids). So while I stayed on shore with the baby, Jeremiah went on the boat with the kids.

Here the are just heading out - Hailey is 2nd and Zach is 3rd on the banana.


I couldn't see it, but Jeremiah said they all fell off at some point - accidentally since Tod wasn't trying to flip them. Miraculously, both of our kids did great and didn't complain or cry - unlike Tod's kids who screamed the whole time they were in the water. I found this funny since his kids have been on the boat and tube hundreds of times and our kids hadn't ever been on a boat or anything like that.

When they got back, it was time for lunch, so while the grown-ups fixed hamburgers and brats, the kids played on the banana - still tied to the boat.




After lunch and some more play with the banana, some other people took a turn out on the boat and we stayed on the beach to play. Unfortunately, I spent most of this time in the trailer feeding the baby, so I didn't get many pictures, but here's one of Hailey - she had so much fun digging in the sand.


Zach spent most of this time just floating in the water with the life vest on. I wish I had gotten a picture of this, but didn't.

After being there for about 6 hours, the baby decided he was done with being outside and so we headed home. It sure was a fun day and the kids are already talking about going on the yellow banana next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, looks like they had a great time!

Kylie said...

How fun! Sometimes your kids amaze me at how daring they are. I wish I was there to see them, it would have been so fun! Looks like such a fun trip.