It's 8:30 pm.
All 3 kids are in bed and asleep.
Husband is at the church.
Laundry's done.
House is cleaned.
Toys, clothes, and everything else is picked up and put away.
Homework is finished.
Work is done.
There's no one needing snacks, juice, to watch a movie, to be fed, a diaper changed, or any one of a thousand things I get asked or need to do during the day.
And hear that? That's right, quiet. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? I've almost forgotten what quiet sounded like.
After a rough couple of days, it's nice to finally have a few minutes to sit and think. Wish my husband was here, but he should be back soon. In the meantime, I'm going to sit and just enjoy the peace and quiet. Heaven knows that starting at about 6 am tomorrow the quiet won't be anywhere near here!
April in Denmark
14 years ago
2 comments:
Glad you got a few moments to yourself! All Mommy's need that!
Hey... I need a snack, would love some juice and LONG to sit down in front of a movie. Can you arrange that for me? LOL ;)
Post a Comment