Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Curly Head!

I have naturally curly hair - actually that would probably be an understatement! My hair is so curly that sometimes it drives me nuts! But I do love it most of the time and I was just SURE that most of my kids would have curly hair!

Well, that didn't turn out quite like I expected. Zach has wavy hair, but only when it gets really long and it's very slight. When we found out we were pregnant with Hailey, I was just sure this was going to be my curly child - I mean, who doesn't wish for a curly haired little girl? Well, that didn't turn out like I expected either - her hair is thin and very, very straight. But, the straight hair looks beautiful on her, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

So when we found out we were pregnant again, I wondered, will this be the one? Well, I think a few simple pictures will answer that question.

Yes, Tate's hair is curly! It's not curly all over, it's mostly wavy on top, but the areas where it's longer it definitely has quite a bit of curl. Areas like at the very back ...


... or over his ears are really curly.


Especially on his right side.


Yes, he's my curly haired baby.


I love it! In fact, so much so that I can't bring myself to cut it - not just yet anyway. I'm sure he'll hate it when he gets older, but at least it won't be as bad when it's short. And despite the fact that he might hate it, it looks so darling on him now and I just love it!

2 comments:

Kylie said...

I just love the curl. I feel the same way, with Jedd and I both having curl in our hair, I better at least get ONE child with curly hair.

Tiffany said...

Fun! I was so excited when I discovered Cuen's "waves" (probably about the same age). It's taken a little trial and error to find the perfect length that allows it to curl right with a little styling moose, but I love the curls so much, I rarely let him wear a hat anymore!