Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Swimming!

I have been promising the kids we would swim in our backyard for quite a few days and finally, we decided to do it last week. It was kind of a crazy day, but it all worked out and the kids all had a great time.

Here are our 3 monkeys - aren't they all so cute?


Since the older kids like to run and jump into the pool whenever they swim, we decided it would be good to have Tate in his own little pool so that he wouldn't get splashed and could have a smaller amount of water to play in. Special thanks to Nana and Papa for buying him his own little pool!


The older two were happy to have their own pool too and jumped, splashed, and squirted!


Tate was completely fascinated with a little plastic baseball I tossed in for him to play with - he barely put it down the entire time he was in the pool.


Zach and Hailey eventually decided they needed toys too - so we pulled out the sand and water toys and they had a blast playing in their pool with their toys.


I happened to catch this priceless smile of our little one - he's getting so big and he just is the cutest thing ever!


The two older ones are pretty darn cute too and they were always looking over and smiling at me - so I had to grab another picture of them as well.


About part way through swimming, Tate decided that he needed to stand up and for the rest of the time, I was continually telling him to sit down. Now that he's walking, he's determined to get up and walk - no matter where he is!


I'm including just a bit of video of him standing up and then looking down at the water dripping from his swimming suit - he could not figure out what was going on an would stand, lean over, and stare at it dripping until he'd hear me to tell him to sit down. It was hilarious!



In all, it was a fun time for all - despite the fact that it took me more time to get everything set up, everyone in their suits, and everything cleaned up than the amount of time they actually were swimming! Ah, the sacrifices of a mother right? Just kidding, it was all worth it to see them all so happy!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

That is hilarious of Tate. How fun though to swim. I should have gotten Libby out there again to swim before school started. Now it's just not worth it. Oh well, next year for sure.